You can access the student profile page by clicking on the student's name highlighted in blue under View Student List or by typing the student's name in the Live Search and clicking on the results displayed. You can also directly access the student's profile by using Student Quickview.
When viewing the Student Profile page, you can see that you are able to view all the assessments assigned to the student.
If you wish to assign the student to a new reading level click on Manage Reading Level. Please note that when you are reassigning the student to a new reading level, or retaking the placement test, all of the student's current reading level will be pushed to the Previous Reading Level section in the student portal when the student logs in into their account (for Subscription and Trial Accounts only).
You can click on the Actions button of each reading level and it will display several actions that you can do for that specific reading level: Edit CARS Planning Form and Delete Reading Level. You can enter your student progress notes and action plan for the selected reading level by clicking on the Edit Planning Form link.
Please note: Each instructional planning form is unique for each individual CARS Series assessment.
On the table in the middle, you can click the following actions, i.e View CARS Summary Report, Reset Assessment, View STARS Summary Report and Reset Lesson.
By default, the reading level list will only show those that are currently Active, if you wish to view all of the assessment, including the Archived Assessments, please click on the filter on the bottom right-hand corner, then Show Active and select Show All, or Show Archived to view only the archived assessment.
The View CARS Summary Report and View STARS Summary Report will bring you to the specific report of that reading level for that student, and from there you can see the overall performance for that student in that particular assessment.
Delete Reading Level allows you to remove the reading level entirely and cannot be recovered. Therefore, please make sure you delete the desired reading level.
Additionally, you can select the assessment by checking the checkboxes beside each assessment and clicking on Mark, if you wish to do a bulk Delete All, Unarchive All or Archive All.
You can also view individual Student Detail Reports, CARS Reports and STARS Reports. The CARS Reports will cover Student Summary Report, Student Placement Test Results, Student Progress Report, Student Test Performance Report, Student Reading Strategy Details Report and Student Reading Strategy Performance Report.
Meanwhile, STARS Reports will provide Student Summary Report, Student Progress Report, Student Lesson Performance Report, Student Reading Strategy Details Report and Student Reading Strategy Performance Reports.
FOCUS Reading Reports will provide access to: Student Summary Report, Student Lesson Performance Report, Student Reading Strategy Details Report and Student Reading Strategy Performance Report.
Edit Student Account
Edit the student's profile by clicking on Edit Profile under the student's name.
The student can be added to more classrooms by adding them in the Classroom field and then clicking Submit.
- The student's account details are listed as Account Type, Date Created and Expiry Date.
- The student's status can be changed to Active, Inactive or Discontinued from the Status drop-down menu.
- The student's First Name, Last Name, Gender and Year of Birth can be edited under Student Details.
- You can also upload an optional profile image by clicking on Select File under the Profile Image header.
- When the student relocates to a new school, you can allow the students to migrate across their previous assessments to the new school by enabling Allow Assessment Migration.
- Read Aloud can be switched on for students who prefer to listen to content instead of reading, as well as those with dyslexia or other learning differences. The Read Aloud feature increases word exposure and improves vocabulary. This exposure helps build background knowledge, an essential component of an evolving student. It also helps develop higher-order thinking skills.
- If your students are not following the recommended lessons, you can restrict access only to the recommended lessons in both STARS and/or FOCUS Reading by enabling Restrict to Recommended Lessons: STARS or Restrict to Recommended Lessons: FOCUS Reading.
- Click Submit when/if changes are made. You will be taken back to the Student Profile page.
- CARS Student Summary Report
- CARS Student Placement Test Results
- CARS Student Progress Report
- CARS Student Test Performance Report
- CARS Student Reading Strategy Details Report
- CARS Student Reading Strategy Performance Report
- STARS Student Summary Report
- STARS Student Progress Report
- STARS Student Lesson Performance Report
- STARS Student Reading Strategy Details Report
- STARS Student Reading Strategy Performance Report
FOCUS Reading Reports