If the Client Support Specialist suggests this article, please follow the instructions given below. Follow the two steps process to update existing students using a single spreadsheet. You may wish to speak to your school administration/enrolment staff, as this limited data can be easily extracted out from your school administration system.
STEP 1: INSTRUCTIONS TO FILL IN EXISTING STUDENT SPREADSHEET
- Download the existing student spreadsheet that our Client Support Specialist has sent to your school admin email.
- Do not delete any rows from the downloaded template.
- Begin entering user data in the fifth row (cell A5).
- Please ensure all columns do not contain illegal characters (' " `).
- For your convenience, all the existing student details are pre-filled by our Support Team. You may fill in the CLASS column for the existing students to perform the yearly rollover process.
- If a student has left school, the CLASS column should be filled in as N/A. Please note if the CLASS column is not filled in as N/A or left empty, it will be considered that the existing student would require subscription renewal and a subscription would be utilised to renew the student account.
- Previously, if STUDENT UNIQUE IDENTIFIER is not provided it will be marked as N/A. Student Unique Identifier is required to add a new student with a similar name to an existing student.
- You may also fill in the non-mandatory STUDENT UNIQUE IDENTIFIER column if your school requires data cross-referencing with CARS & STARS Online and/or to import multiple students with similar names in your school (e.g., John Alex and John Alexis), the Student Unique Identifier should be provided. This could be the student ID from a school management system (Schoology, Sentral, Schoolbox or Canvas), student DET/DoE email address or a school-issued student ID (non-government).
STEP 2: SEND EXISTING STUDENT SPREADSHEET
- Save your updated spreadsheet to your computer as a .xlsx file.
- Please send the completed Existing Student Spreadsheet by replying to our Client Support Specialist email or by submitting a support ticket, click here. We will take the hassle away from you so that you can jump straight to using the program.