If the Client Support Specialist suggests this article, please follow the instructions given below. Follow the two steps process to replace existing students with new students using a single spreadsheet. This would allow the remaining existing student's subscription validity of the students who have left school to be used for the new students. You may wish to speak to your school administration/enrolment staff, as this limited data can be easily extracted out from your school administration system.
STEP 1: INSTRUCTIONS TO FILL IN REPLACEMENT STUDENT SPREADSHEET
- Download the Replacement Student Spreadsheet that our Client Support Specialist has sent to your school admin email.
- Do not delete any rows from the downloaded template.
- Begin entering user data in the fifth row (cell A5).
- Please ensure all columns do not contain illegal characters (' " `).
- For your convenience, all the existing student details DATABASE ID, EXISTING STUDENT UNIQUE IDENTIFIER, EXISTING STUDENT FIRST NAME and EXISTING STUDENT LAST NAME are pre-filled by our Support Team. Note: Do not alter the existing student details fields as they are linked to each user.
- You may fill in/copy and paste from the school database the FIRST NAME, LAST NAME, GENDER (M for Male, F for Female or NB for Non-binary), YEAR OF BIRTH, and NEW CLASS column details for the new students or add any additional students. You’ll simply need to update the formatting to ensure it matches our system.
- You may also fill in the non-mandatory STUDENT UNIQUE IDENTIFIER column if your school requires data cross-referencing with CARS & STARS Online and/or to import multiple students with similar names in your school (e.g., John Alex and John Alexis), the Student Unique Identifier should be provided. This could be the student ID from a school management system (Schoology, Sentral, Schoolbox or Canvas), student DET/DoE email address or a school-issued student ID (non-government).
- Only letters, numbers, hyphens, underscores and an email symbol are allowed for Student Unique Identifier.
- If a student belongs to multiple classes, enter all the relevant class names, each separated by commas. (e.g., Room 1, Room 2)
- If a student is not assigned to any classes, the CLASS column should be filled in as N/A.
STEP 2: SEND STUDENT REPLACEMENT SPREADSHEET
- Save your updated spreadsheet to your computer as a .xlsx file.
- Please send the completed Student Replacement Spreadsheet by replying to our Client Support Specialist email or by submitting a support ticket, click here. We will take the hassle away from you so that you can jump straight to using the program.